Monday, October 24, 2011

R.I.P. #lgbt

Share on Twitter:


... Before I head to bed... I just... Can I talk about something for a moment?

It's National Coming Out Month. I live in a country where we're supposed to be "free" to pursue the things that make us happy and free to be who we are. So tell me then... why is it that we're not? Why is it that every single day we're still fighting for our right to live our lives the way we're meant to? To be treated as equal human beings, regardless of the things we cannot change? The things that never should have mattered in the first place... And I'm told -- we're told-- that things will get better. All around the world, things will get better. And we try to make them better, but...

So many lives are lost because others can't accept us for who we are. Whether it's by our own hands, after years of bullying or abuse, like Tyler and Jamey and all the others, or... or by the violent hands of others.

Stuart Walker. Beaten and burned to death. He was 28. 
Jamey Hubley, 15
Jamey Rodemeyer, 14


Rest in Peace.

No comments: