Friday, March 11, 2011

Pacific Earthquake and #Tsunami... I can't even... #japan #donate

Share on Twitter:


I can't even... Japan. Russia. Hawaii & California. The tsunami, the 8.9 magnitude earthquake that devastated Japan... I can't even.

Please, please donate.

  • Red Cross (though I've just been informed that they too discriminate against LGBT people... I assume that has to do with the blood donations? Forgot all about that...) but if you'd still like to donate to them, go to www.redcross.org, or text "Red Cross" to 90999 ($10 will be charged to your phone bill).
  • Doctors Without Borders (another organization that does amazing work all over the world. And apparently does not discriminate against anyone.) - $5 minimum. (I know that times are tough, believe me, I know. But if you can even give just this much...)
  • Peace Winds America - $5 minimum.
  • Save the Children
  • UNICEF is on standby.
Other ways in which we can help - Google has launched a crowdsourcing People finder for Japan. Even if there isn't anyone you want/need to find, please please share the link so that others can use it. Here is the link again to copy and paste: http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=en (English version).

Please keep everyone in the Pacific, especially victims in Japan (who were hit the hardest), in your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.

No comments: