Sunday, January 23, 2011

You're Fucking Perfect. #ItGetsBetter #pink

Share on Twitter:


[TRIGGER WARNING: depression, suicide, cutting, anorexia]

I stumbled upon this (not on SU though) video and absolutely had to share it. This is a message that every person on the planet should hear.

For everyone who's ever been made to feel alone, or unwanted, or ugly, or different. For everyone who's ever been told that they're "not good enough." -- Fuck what they say.  

 You're fucking perfect just the way you are.



I wish someone had said this to me, growing up. (And I just want to add, bullying, depression, eating disorders, self esteem, "fitting in," - these things are often considered just "teen issues," but remember, teens aren't the only ones dealing with these problems. I'm 22 already, and I still live this shit every fucking day. Still. Good times :-/) And even now... I can't/don't want to get into the details, but I know what this is like. I see this girl, and she's like a mirror of me. (Minus the shoplifting & drugs... unless you count "accidental" glue inhalation, practically injecting a lifetime's worth of caffeine and sugar on an hourly basis, and making Lysol flamethrowers in a closed garage... breaking & entering [long story short, I was allowed to be in the house, but the screen door was accidentally locked & my key didn't work in the back door for some reason... Seriously, I had a bedroom and TV there and everything.], & I'm terrified of blood so it was never that deep... But that followed me through college. 2.5 years "clean." I still think about it though. I just traded it for something "better." [If you cut or scratch, stop. STOP NOW. Get a rubber band and a few red Sharpies, and throw away everything else. Don't hide, it, throw it away. And find a new, healthier distraction.]).

Watching this video, it means so much to me that I can't even...

I really wanted to write something about this, but right now, I can't find the words... Maybe I'll try again later...

@Pink - Thank you.


If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please GET HELP IMMEDIATELY. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) It's a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.

No comments: