Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

First of all, happy earth day! I have thoroughly exhausted myself with the garden (dug a 7 foot diameter hole through grass and thick roots... somehow I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for Earth Day...), had to deal with hundreds of flying ants that suddenly appeared, and bees... lots of bees... It's been an adventurous morning. I don't do well with certain aspects of nature ^^". I'm more of a "hike through the woods, walking barefoot through flowery meadows, eating pretty berries, romping/swimming/floating along in the ocean" kind of nature girl. Not bugs, not bees, and not moving giant piles of dirt around. But it was fun, and the broccoli is in the ground. The strawberries are turning a light shade of pink already - they're getting huge too! I think they'll be ready within the next week. Yay!

So in the midst of all of that, I completely missed President Obama's financial reform speech. I've read a few live blogs of the speech, and I found a transcript on whitehouse.gov, so will be reading that eventually...

No comments: