Sunday, April 22, 2012

When OL Friends Meet IRL

I had the most amazing day yesterday.(I went to the Struck By Lightning premiere!!!) And while I'm currently blogging from the shower (true fact) and I don't have time for a full recap, I wanted to at least talk about one part of the experience. For the first time ever, I met my online friends. And it was AWESOME. (Spent the day and a car ride home with a 40 year old man and did not die. Mom, teachers, you had nothing to worry about.) For the first time in a long time, it felt like I had real friends. (Other than STK of course. But you're still so far away ;_;) And now we're all at out respective homes sobbing over that fact... It's interesting how lonely we've become as we get older... even with technology.

And for all of those who say that internet friends aren't real friends-- lol fuck you I love these people and they are closer to me than some of my IRL friends have ever been. I surprised myself- I trust them with my life. And I miss everyone terribly. But you know what we said when we parted on the train? See you tonight! See you later! In a way, we're never really apart. And that is pretty wonderful.

Anyway, the water's getting cold. I'll see you all later :)

No comments: