Tuesday, December 21, 2010

FCC Caves on Net Neutrality -- Tuesday Betrayal Assured (NSFW Vid)

Timothy Karr: Obama FCC Caves on Net Neutrality -- Tuesday Betrayal Assured

(In my haste, I accidentally published this to the wrong blog this morning when I was getting ready for work. Oops...)

Corporations will now be able to control the internet as they wish. The FCC has the power to ensure that the internet remains free and open for everyone, and they're choosing not to.

Fuck. FUCK. There is no other word right now. Here, let Eric Idle (from Monty Python) do it:




I'd very much like for someone to prove us all wrong right now, that this idiotic bill isn't about to pass and good things are going to happen from here on out, but I don't really suspect that will happen. If there is anything that has really been reinforced this year, it's that "free speech" in this country will never truly be free. And "caving" seems to be a trend. (Well, at least finally I stood my ground this year. Maybe that's why everything's so out of whack...)

No comments: