Monday, October 11, 2010

RIP, Zach Harrington :'(

I hope everyone had a  National Coming Out Day -- really. We've all seen so much heartache over the past 2 months especially... and so much hatred. We are who we are, and we should be proud of that, but because of society, it can be a very difficult process... I should know, I'm going through it myself. (As of 9/6/10, I'm officially "bisexual," if you haven't heard. Putting the B back in LGBT... So I can say it out loud now. Just not IRL yet... working on that.)

Sadly, I didn't come here to share that, or good news... I have some terrible news... This past weekend saw yet another tragic homophobia-related suicide :-( and I would like to ask you all to keep Zach Harrington, & all LGBT youth, in your thoughts (and/or prayers, if you believe in them).

Please support the Trevor Project, a national crisis center and hotline for LGBT youth, or the Human Rights Campaign at www.hrc.org. Please. This has to end.




If you are suicidal, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255), provides access to trained telephone counselors, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

No comments: