Friday, April 2, 2010

Frustration...

So frustrated with certain things that I didn't bother to finish up my last post on healthcare. But seeing as people (including "repeal!" people) are finally moving on and accepting that it's law now, I don't feel like bringing it up. And you know what, I don't really want to talk about drilling either. Yes, I've been an environmentalist for quite a long time now. Yes, I am adamantly against drilling. Yes, I did say that this would likely be grounds for deciding my 2012 vote. But no, that absolutely not mean I'm going to start bashing anyone. I voted for this President, because I believe(d) he had a lot of the same principles as I do. And he has proven that, for the most part, he does. I can't support drilling because it goes against my principles. My loyalties lie with plans and issues, not people, sorry. I do get some of the rationale of this "idea," whether I agree with it or not, and I've said it before-- Obama is a centrist not a progressive. We knew he supported drilling before we elected him. Yes, it was a promise I was hoping he wouldn't keep. But whatever, I'll stick to my peaceful protest, thanks. And hey, if things aren't so bad, maybe he'll still have my vote. Principles above all else, including friends... or "not-friends."

On the home front, things are... painful as usual. Why is it that when you ask for space, or for people to just back off, no one ever listens? Ever? I haven't played video games (but bought "new" ones), or baked anything in a really long time, so I'm rather on edge. Do not mess with me. If I don't want to talk, do not try to force me. I try very hard to be nice to people (with the obvious exception of mocking stupidity in a private setting... It's the only thing that makes it easier to tolerate, plus diminishes it at the same time ;-) lol...) but I'm growing quite tired of this again... So next post will be about being nice to people...

No comments: