Monday, January 11, 2010

Liberal vs. Conservative - Definitive Answers

In case anyone was wondering, by the way -

I wish I could say I made this up, but it is in complete fact the literal definitions of the words, from dictionary.com & Merriam-Webster.com (& several other sites, all of which have the same definitions... and you can look it up yourself if you don't believe me!).

- liberal (adj) - favorable to progress or reform; free from prejudice or bigotry; open-minded or tolerant; characterized by generosity

- conservative (adj) - disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc, or to restore traditions and to limit change


Conservation = no progress!!!! To put it in other words: (Name the movie!!!)
Liberal - "He says, 'it's time to let go!' Everything will be all right.
Conservative - "How do you know... how do you know something bad isn't gonna happen?"
Liberal - "I don't."

[But there's only 1 way to find out!!!] Hmm, learn to let go of the past and save my life, or stay trapped in the stomach of a whale for the rest of my life because I'm too stubborn and afraid of change? But again, decide for yourself. This is just my reasoning (well, and the majority of my generation.)

(Quotes obviously copyright the companies that made the incredible movie I just quoted.)

No comments: