Thursday, February 10, 2011

Updates, finally! Egypt, Life, Etc. | #Jan25

Share on Twitter:


I apologize for my absence over the past week, but as I mentioned before, my life is a bit chaotic right now and there will continue to be periods when I will not be posting anything new. Things are still in a downward spiral...

So here's what I've been up to (the less depressing things):
  • There was some sort of sporting event on Sunday before the (second) most epic episode of Glee ever. Followed by a mediocre (yet typical for the 2nd season) episode on Tuesday. In other news, I still don't like Darren Criss. But Blaine has his moments. And I've been hiding on with fellow Gleeks on Tumblr, so that's why I haven't been here...
  • I accidentally came out to my mother on Sunday. That was a really, really awkward conversation, and she wouldn't stop asking me and I think I blurted something out, but nothing happened. I think she forgot. Which is a good thing.
  • I need a good lawyer or 3. Well, my mother does. Family law (specifically enforcing child support payments, etc), homeowner things and avoiding foreclosure, and medical insurance practices. So if you know anyone in the NJ area who can work for free, or at least have a free consultation or something, please let me know. We don't qualify for government help... still. And I may end up giving up my non-violent ways if I ever see my father again. I can't make any promises...
Did I say less depressing? Well, yeah.

But things that actually matter:
  • Reports are circulating that Mubarak will finally step down today. Today is Day 17 of the protests in Egypt. I haven't really been reporting on days 12-16 because nothing really happened. Protesters bonded in the streets and continued to hold onto hope. The military is still on their side, the vast majority of America is on their side, I suspect that much of the world (other than Berlusconi) is on their side. 
    • Mubarak is supposed to be making a speech soon (3pm EST. Though first reports said 1:30. Watch now on Al Jazeera English.)
  • Keith Olbermann finally announced his new job. He will have a show on Current TV at 8pm. (Unfortunately, unless you have Comcast or DirecTV, you probably won't get to watch. Comcast, huh... I guess maybe he didn't leave because of them then.)
  • You know what, I'm pretty sure the GOP wants women to die. Otherwise nothing they makes sense anymore... Not that it ever did. (Ok, maybe way back when they were the liberal party. Cute how they still try to claim all of that even though now they're tearing it apart... really. Sweden, can I have my visa now???)
  • Anti-government rallies were set to begin in Iran today, however it would seem that the powerful military opposition leader Mehdi Karroubi was placed under house arrest. According to the Guardian, other arrests have also been made. Access to WordPress blogs has been blocked throughout Iran, and internet speeds have been reduced.
Ok, extreme hunger is blocking my brain right now. I need to go find some food...

No comments: