Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Tally

This weekend has been far too eventful...

Thanksgiving Weekend Tally:
  • Times my family made fun of or belittled me: 13,427
  • Times my mother acted like a bratty 3 year old: 679
  • Times I got called a "weirdo" for noticing that the Victoria's Secret model on the coupon I got in the mail had on see-through underwear (and a Brazilian): 1 
    • (I was shopping! And the girl next to her was modeling something I wanted! I wasn't TRYING to be a perv, I was just kind of unpleasantly surprised by how trashy it looked... [inner feminist goes off on a rant])
  • Number of times my sister fell asleep on her phone and "accidentally" called the police: 1
  • Number of 1 AM Visits from the Old Bridge Police Department: 1
  • Times OBPD officers chatted with me about how awesome Metal Gear Solid is and how cool it was that I was playing it, as they peeked into my bedroom, blinding me with their flashlights: 1
  • Number of times my 17 year old sister let strange men into the house without telling anyone: 1
  • Times I gave up on NaNoWriMo: 6
  • NaNoWriMo word count: 43, 547
  • Where NaNoWriMo word count should be: 45,000
  • Times I got frustrated trying to come up with new plot lines and gave up to write a sex scene instead: 3
  • Times I considered coming out to my family: 5
  • Times I actually did: 0
  • When I actually plan to: Never, if I can help it.
  • Hours spent playing Metal Gear Solid 3: 22
  • Articles read about how horrible Thanksgiving is: 24
  • Tweets sent regarding how horrible Thanksgiving is: 6
  • Times felt bad about deliberately ruining someone's (falsified, myth-based) view of Thanksgiving: 36
  • Arguments over politics: 0
  • Arguments over religion: one half. 
    • My mother told me she prays regularly. I rolled my eyes, and under my breath said, "Right, because that really works, doesn't it?"
  • Time spent rolling my eyes and glaring at the Salvation Army bell ringers: 2 hours
  • Time spent at work: way too fucking long.
  • Time spent thinking about genocide, smallpox, and Native Americans: 7 hours
  • Time spent doing something about it: 15 minutes
  • Emails or comments received from creepy old guys who think I'd be interested in marrying them: 3

So, what have you been up to?

No comments: