Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Link Share: How Does SB1070 Conflict with Federal Immigration Law?

SCOTUS Blog- Federal Department of Justice Brief, Motion for Preliminary Injunction

And a lovely little breakdown: How Does SB1070 Conflict with Federal Immigration Law? - Blog For Arizona

Found it! A while back I was talking about the unconstitutionality of SB1070. I don't remember all that I said, & I don't have time to go look for it, but here's just a little bit of more exact evidence as to why it's unconstitutional. Proponents of the law say that it merely enforces the existing federal laws; however, SB1070 goes beyond federal law, turning a civil offense into a criminal one (I know I've mentioned that before...).

I'll be back later with a full post...
--D.A.K.



P.S. - In other news, the Prop 8 trial ruling is expected within the next few hours!
P.P.S.- Happy Birthday, President Obama!

No comments: