Saturday, May 16, 2009

Forgive me, I think my space bar is broken... ^^"

I just wanted to start off with a really informal intro- Ohayoo!!! For those of you who know me well- ... well, you know what to expect.

For those of you who don't know me but have heard of me (rare, but plausible), please feel free to say hi! I'm not quite as unsociable as I may appear in the forums...


Most importantly, for those of you who have never met me, here are a few things you should know:

WARNING:

1. I am not the least bit sarcastic. (<-Lie #1. I love sarcasm and sarcastic people. I have been told that sometimes it's impossible to tell when I am being sarcastic & I sound believable. I'm not sure about the validity of that statement, but I will warn you when I'm being sarcastic... maybe.)


2. I am (apparently) extremely liberal (despite my strict Roman Catholic upbringing. God help them [scoffs], they tried.) I love irony, controversy, & a good debate. Vegetarian, "artsy" (painter/musician/craftsperson without the talent... well, ok, I'm mediocre at best. I can do it, just not in a way that's... well... good. I write a lot though, & that seems to go well.) overly-opinionated animal lover with too much time on her hands (until school starts up again...)

3. I tend to ramble, if you haven't noticed. I often go off on tangents, or just change subject completely mid-thought. It's just how my mind works (I'm pretty sure I have ADD actually... My mother doesn't believe it, but everyone else agrees with me...) I like randomness (may be referenced as "randomity") and made up concepts/words. "Normal" is relative- a.k.a non-existent.

4. Grammar and spelling are important to me. I am an academic; this is what I have been programmed to love. Therefore, I will write this as proficiently as possible (a.k.a so that it's actually readable and understandable, with as little netspeak/geekspeak as possible...) & I will do my best to keep "profanity" to a bare minimum (although may I say now that I find censorship to be a disgusting, frightening tool used to staunch & control free & creative expression & the exchange of ideas. Just putting that out there... Not that I'm required to here, I don't think. Just for those who are uncomfortable with certain sounds...Sorry, but you realize that's basically what language is, right? Gutteral sounds and signs many beings use to communicate... Linguistics is absolutely fascinating... & I'm rambling again...) I do actually want this to be a legitimate, informational (yet clearly informal) blog.

5. Apparently I am a geek. I can't say that I was not aware of my "geek" status, but if liking computers & technology & animanga (yea, shut up, I'm an Otaku, I know...) & psychology & art & animal/human rights & music is geeky, then whatever.

6. I use ^^" a lot. If you don't know what it means, ignore it. Think of it as an embarrassed shrug. Also, translate O_O as... well, that should be obvious. Um... (Oh yea, I write almost exactly as I speak.) [gasp!]

7. If you have any questions about me, just ask. I don't mind answering... Also, feel free to comment.


So, now that that's out of the way- I'm currently working on a big project. Well, ok, it's not that big, but it's time consuming. I will be posting the updates on it here. No clues as to what it is, though. You'll just have to wait and see!

Also, I suppose you'll be wondering what exactly the topic of this blog is. I don't do personal journal entries online (well, at least not public ones), so don't expect a lot of information about my daily activities and feelings. (Like a good little introvert, I keep them bottled up inside! Sorry, I couldn't resist...) I am a psychology major/sociology minor, so most posts will probably have something to do with either subject.

I tend to pick a controversial or underresearched topic & write about it using various factual sources (for example, my little rant about "greenwashing" that was posted on my myspace blog...). It will probably be random things/social issues I find interesting. We'll see what happens.

Hope to see you later!

D.A.K.

No comments: